The best thing about leaders? You can be made into one.
New year’s resolutions are still in tow and while losing weight & eating kale are important in their own respect, we’re strong believers in setting goals that help you grow as a person. For the month of January, we’ll be dishing out 5 TED Talks specifically geared towards certain people, careers, emotions, and skills.
First up in our series? Leaders.
We searched high and low for some of the best TED Talks around that give a fresh new perspective on leadership and enhancing (or developing) your skills as a leader. Keep in mind too, that even if you don’t necessarily have a leadership title at your job, everyone can be a leader in their own way. We’re not trying to be cliché. We’ve truly come to find this is a definite truth!
1. Want to Sound Like a Leader? Start by Saying Your Name Right – Laura Sicola
Appearance, communication skills, & gravitas–the 3 components of an executive presence.
2. The Rarest Commodity is Leadership Without Ego – Bob Davids
Bosses are usually associated with a big ego–but they don’t have to be. Learn how true leaders guide others without an ego.
3. Why Good Leaders Make You Feel Safe – Simon Sinek
Great leaders want to provide you opportunity, education, discipline when necessary, & the courage to build your own self-confidence.
4. Learning to be Awesome at Anything You Do, Including Being a Leader – Tasha Eurich
Whether you’re a business leader, an employee, a hobbyist, or a beer league hockey player, how much time do you invest in being totally awesome?
5. Transforming Transformational Leadership – Lesley Hayes
Hear from someone who thought she was a good leader, was subtly told she wasn’t, & how she transformed herself for the better.
6. *BONUS ROUND* The Power of Introverts – Susan Cain
For all the introverted leaders out there. Know your worth.