According to Business Insider, you only have seven seconds to make a first impression. No pressure, right? Fortunately, Facebook makes that a little easier because now you can upload a 7-second video in place of your profile picture!
In a recent move to win back the “Snapchat” generation, this new Gif-like profile video allow users a creative alternative to the standard profile image that other forums (*cough cough* Twitter, Instagram) lack. Though the seven-second videos don’t contain any sound, these new profile videos are giving creatives an excuse to change up the look of their profile for some fun, catchy looping videos.
So, how do you go about changing your profile picture to a video? It’s actually pretty simple.
- Open the Facebook app on your phone (iOS users only… for now)
- Open the “More” tab and click your name to view your profile
- Tap the flashing “edit” sign on the lower right hand corner of your profile picture
- Tap “Upload Video or Photo”
- Choose a video from your library!
Need some inspiration for your video? Try looping a video of you frolicking in fall leaves or playing fetch with your dog. Whatever you decide, make it unique, and your friends will love it!
How do you plan on using Facebook’s new profile video feature? Leave us a comment in the space below!