It seems like everyday there’s a new update in the social media world. On Tuesday, Snapchat launched one of its biggest app updates in almost 2 years! While there’s always some adjustment to content and marketing strategy when it comes to these kind of things, it’s important to understand what’s new before switching things up. Here’s what you need to know about the new Snapchat update!
- Send a 10-second looping audio or video message in the chat platform (1-on-1 chat)
- Message with over 200 new Stickers
- Send multiple photos (from your camera roll!) at once
- “Auto-Advance Stories”: click on one friend’s story and it will automatically progress to your next friend’s story when it’s done!
- Swipe right to skip to the next friend’s story
- While playing, each story will have your friend’s name and how long ago they posted it in the top left corner
- Going on a “binge” snapchatting one friend back and forth? Now, the hourglass emoji will show up next to their name when your streak is about to expire. Tick, tock!
While users are having mixed feelings about the update, Snapchat made it clear that it wants to be the best way for people to communicate on their phones. With the update, Snapchat now allows nearly all forms of communication: drawings, text, stickers, audio, video, and visual. We can’t wait to see what’s next for this platform!
What do you think of the new Snapchat update? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below, and be sure to follow us on Stumble Upon as well!